Cockburn Toy Library
The Cockburn Toy Library is a not for profit organisation run by volunteers made up mostly from its own members. We have a huge selection of toys, dress-ups, games and puzzles available for members and their families to enjoy.
Consider becoming a member of the Cockburn Toy Library, a great way for local families to:
- access a wide variety of toys - without the expensive price tag!
- keep up with your child's changing interests
- make life-long friends in your local community
- teach recycling and sharing
- avoid long-term storage of bulky items
- grandparents and carers welcome
We operate our library thanks to our own members volunteering their time and effort and with the support of a great committee. We use membership fees and fundraising to regularly update and purchase new replacement toys.
Membership fees: Active Members $75 ($65 Health Care Card Concessional) for 12 months or $45 ($35 Health Care Card Concessional) for 6 months. If you wish to claim reduced HCC Concession please visit library with HCC - thank you. All can borrow six toys at a time. All Active Members volunteer at library, three times for annual memberships and two times for six month memberships.
Non Active Members $150 for 12 months or $90 for 6 months and can borrow six toys at a time, but do not commit to volunteering.
Trial Memberhip $20 plus $50 returnable deposit for four weeks including borrowing four toys at a time, and do not commit to volunteering.
Committee members pay reduced membership fees and commit to additional volunteering. Ask us for more information.
REOPENING OF COCKBURN TOY LIBRARY
Cockburn Toy Library are very pleased to announce that our opening hours are now resuming to more normal operations, though still governed by our approved COVID safe plan (PDF attached). Any minor changes to operations are to ensure hygiene plans are in place for everyone’s health and safety.
OPENING HOURS SATURDAYS:
- Saturdays from 09:00-11:00am – general entry via side gate only
- Saturday Click & Collect Mystery Boxes will be offered for collection at 10:00, 10:15, 10:30 & 10:45 by prior slot booking (four families in total) – if you need help in reserving a slot, send an email for instructions.
OPENING HOURS TUESDAYS & THURSDAYS (NO MYSTERY BOXES):
- Thursdays from 2:30pm to 4:30pm - commencing Thursday 23rd July 2020 – general entry via side gate only
- Tuesdays from 9:00 am to 11:00 am – commencing Tuesday 28th July 2020 – general entry via side gate only
VOLUNTEERING: As Cockburn Toy Library will be basically back to normal operations, we do ask you to Volunteer again, and a separate email about volunteering will come to you from Marissa, the Volunteer Coordinator.
COMPLIANCE WITH CTL COVID SAFE PLAN: Please read the following advices as to the general operation of the toy library:
- RECORD OF THOSE ATTENDING: You will be asked by the Librarian to provide names of all family members visiting the toy library. These details are confidentially retained for a limited time and provided to Health Authorities only if requested due to Covid outbreaks.
- CLEANING TABLE: Will be provided for you on arrival to clean toys on arrival if you have been unable to clean them at home, all returned toys are secured and only loaned at the next session for health & safety reasons.
- LOAN PERIOD TWO WEEKS: Loans are now back to two weeks, however if you have a particular family circumstance that means you would like toy out for a further two weeks, please log on from home to renew as follows (we understand sometimes you need to renew, so just ask and keep us updated if you need an extended time).
Renewals of toys out on loan can be done online at Login Page. Your username and password are as follows.
If you have any trouble with logging in or would prefer to renew via email please contact [email protected]
- FINES: Overdue Fines can be charged, avoid these by requesting loan extension. If toys are damaged there may be fines starting at $5 for lost or broken pieces, please advise the Librarian if problems have occurred with the toys. Our aim is to maintain toys in good condition for all our members children to enjoy. If you do incur a fine it must be paid by bank transfer prior to any further loans.
- NUMBERS AT THE LIBRARY: We are limited to 13 people including Librarians, Members, and Children. Children can attend with members and are counted in our overall attendance allowance.
- HYGIENE OF TOYS: If your children are with you and “mouth” toys, please be aware such toys mouthed will form part of your six toy loan package. Probably best to encourage children not to play with the toys in the library, but to take them home for full play.
- PLAY AREA: To assist you, we have installed a small playpen with toys for babies to crawl around it if necessary. Any toys within the playpen will be removed and quarantined between such children.
- COVID AWARENESS: Finally as is “normal” now for all to maintain healthy and hygiene, please follow the Covid Safe Signs within the library, and also use the hand santizers available, as well as washing hands (there’s a sink in the patio area that can be used).
And we all welcome you back to Cockburn Toy Library – its been a challenging time – everything we do now is to keep our Members and Children Safe and Well enjoying the great range of toys we have.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Cockburn Toy Library Committee